Thank you for your interest in the Jefferson Cup Award.
Established in 1982, the Jefferson Cup Award honors the best books published for children or young adults in the fields of American history, American biography or American historical fiction.
To submit a book, please observe the following:
- The committee will only review titles that meet the Jefferson Cup Award criteria. (PDF)
- Email your intentions to the current Jefferson Cup Award Chairperson. Their name and contact information is located at the bottom of the Jefferson Cup Committee Application.
- The chairperson will send you a mailing roster of all current committee members. Please send each member their own copy to read.
- With titles in a series, feel free to send a representative sampling from each series.
- Books must be received by January 31.
Please contact the chairperson for any additional information or questions you may have.Carol Farmer Appomatox Regional Library System email@example.com