It’s hard to believe the VLA Conference is just a little over two weeks away! The Conference Tote Bags have arrived, Presenters are planning their sessions, and our Keynote Speakers (Nancy Dowd and Hillary Jordan) are excited to visit Williamsburg! We have just a few things to let you know about, if you have already registered or are planning to register:
As our registration deadline approaches (October 11), we wanted to update you on a couple of changes to our program. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
• SESSION MOVED: Copyright Law and Fair Use Rights has been moved from Thursday to Friday, 3:15-4:00pm
• SESSION MOVED: Teaching Them to Teach: Creating a Formal Training Program for New Instruction Librarians has been moved from Friday to Thursday, 1:15-2:00pm
• SESSION MOVED: Scanversations: Introduce Yourself to Your Community will now take place on Thursday at 4:00-4:45pm
• SESSION ADDED: Literati Public: Improving Digital and Information Literacy throughout the Commonwealth, Thursday, 1:15-2:00pm
• SESSION ADDED: The Immediacy of Poetry: A Reading by Virginia’s Poet Laureate, Thursday, 1:15-2:00pm
• SESSION CANCELLED: “No” is Not A Dirty Word (originally scheduled on Thursday)
VLA wants to make a positive impact on Williamsburg, and will be collecting canned goods and other items listed here http://www.htcsconline.com/agencys.html for the organization FISH – Williamsburg Emergency Services. Please bring your contributions to Booth 609 in the Exhibit Hall, any time Thursday or Friday. FISH is also in need of paper grocery bags to disperse to their patrons, so if you have any extra, please consider donating them as well.
Please do not hesitate to ask us any questions. Have a safe trip to Williamsburg! We’re looking forward to seeing you there!