An association-wide award, made as deemed appropriate but not necessarily annually. it may be presented to an individual librarian, to a library, to an individual or organization distinguished for advocacy of libraries and/or information access, or to an institution, business, or academic program whose activity has contributed to the development, growth and extension of library and information services in the local community, the state, or the nation. If awarded to an institution, business, etc., at least one name will be cited.
Significant contributions in at least one of the following:
- Promotion of library services through exemplary performance and recognition by the public served.
- Creative application of the use of technology in the delivery of library and information services.
- Design and implementation of an enlightened management and personnel system which substantially improves library and information services.
- Design or creation of technological or human systems programs or devices which substantially improve library and information services.
- Promotion and development of improved public understanding of library and information services.
- Creation of original work regardless of the medium used which substantially contributes to the improvement of library and information services.
- Promotion or development of a sustained legislative approach to improving the ability of libraries to provide for expanded services to users.
- Promotion or development of a program resulting in a sustained increase in voluntary support for library and information activities.
- Significant influence on attitudes of public or private officials who are in a position to support the improvement of the library and information services.
- Leadership and service contributing to the development and effectiveness of the goals an objectives of the Virginia Library Association.
Line 1: Contributions to library field or information access.
Line 2: Nominator’s evaluation of the nominee’s contribution worthy of consideration for the award.
Line 3: Documentation and/or letters of support for the nominee.
Line 4: Number of attachments.
Certificate or plaque presented at the Annual conference, along with one day’s food and lodging for the honoree or one representative of the honored group or organization.Start Slide Show with PicLens Lite