About Nominating Committee:
• To identify and recruit strong leaders to forward the goals of the Association.Objectives:
1. To call for suggestions for nominations in the February issue of the VLA Newsletter. Prepare a slate consisting of two nominees for each Executive Committee position annually, and for the ALA Councilor every three (3) years. Contact and secure written acceptance before nomination from two persons of its choice for each position. Invite nominees to attend a Council meeting before election.
2. To publish in the April issue of the VLA Newsletter notice to the membership of the Nominating Committee’s choices. Biographical information and position statements must be included with the candidate’s names. Inform membership of the petition
process for additional candidates.
3. To certify that nominations by petition include the signatures of the nominee and other members of the Association and to make sure that all petitions, with accompanying biographical information and position statements, are submitted to the Nominating Committee by May 1 for publication in the June newsletter.
4. To report the slate of all nominations to the Executive Committee and Executive Director at the third quarterly Executive Committee meeting.
5. To make ballots available to membership for voting. Ballots are due September 1.
6. To assist the Executive Director in counting ballots and certifying results of the election to the Executive Committee.