VLA Continuing Education Committee
Program Planners’ Checklist
Step 1. CONTACT YOUR CEC LIAISON
- Notify the Continuing Education Committee liaison for your Region, Forum, or Committee that you are about to plan a program.
- CEC liaisons are your planning committees’ resource and your program evaluators. Contact your liaison or the committee chair for assistance.
Step 2. CONFIRM THE DATE
- Schedule the program date with the VLA Executive Director.
Step 3. GET PROGRAM APPROVAL
- Submit the VLA Program Expense Estimate Form– estimate figures – to the Executive Director.
- The Executive Director will review and approve your program plan and forward to the Treasurer. She will also post the program particulars on VLA Web site.
- Check the VLA Web site under “Contact Us” for current contact information for the Executive Director.
Step 4. COMPLETE PAPERWORK
- Send via registered mail, no later than one week after Program:
- Summarize the results of Program Evaluation Forms and send to your CEC liaison within seven days of Program completion. See the CEC Program Evaluation Forms for sample forms that you may use and for tips on creating a form.